Paws N’ Play Rules
Paws N' Play
Paws N’ Play Rules
1) To use Paws ‘n Play at Bock Park, you must purchase an annual dog park membership each year. Proof of current vaccinations (signed by your veterinarian) is required to purchase a membership. Dog registration with the Village of Lansing is required to receive the Paws ‘n Play resident membership rate. Non-residents must show proof of dog registration with the village/municipality in which they reside. If the municipality does not require such registration, the non-resident must provide proof that dog registration is not required.
2) Maximum number of dogs per adult is three and all dogs must remain in the same run area with their owner. Large dogs (26 lbs and above) are not allowed in the small run area. Small dogs (under 26 lbs) are not allowed in the large dog run area. Owners cannot leave their dog(s) in the run areas without supervision.
3) Dog must remain leashed until they are inside the small or large run area. No prong or pinch collars are allowed in the run areas; they must be removed for other dogs’ safety. Dogs must be leashed prior to exiting through the dog park entry/exit gate.
4) Children under 10 are not allowed in the small and large dog run areas. Children 10-15 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or age or older and cannot be left unattended in the run areas.
5) Dogs must wear a collar and display their current rabies tag and Village of Lansing tag.
6) Dogs who are unhealthy or in season are not allowed into the park. It is recommended that dog(s) be kept on flea and tick treatment during sping, summer, and fall. Fall is peak time when fleas become active and are looking for hosts.
7) Dogs who exhibit humping or aggressive behavior (including urinating on other animals or people) should be removed immediately from the park to avoid the potential for injury to other dogs or owners. Chronic or habitual offenders and abusers will lose their dog park privileges. Do not allow your dog to run to the gate when a new dog is entering; keep the gate area clear at all times so members can enter and exit without incident.
8) Owners must clean up after their dog. Bags and waste receptacles are available throughout the park and members are required to use them.
9) Puppies under the age of six months are not allowed in the park.
10) No smoking, no glass containers, no food of any kind including dog treats, rawhide, bones, & hooves, and no alcohol or soft drinks of any kind are allowed anywhere in the park. This is to ensure the park stays clean and prevents dogs from begging for food or showing aggressive behavior. There is a water fountain to fill up containers and bowls and the park.
11) No human sports of any kind are allowed in the park (rollerblading, football, baseball, bikes, skateboards, soccer, etc.).
12) Do not allow anyone to enter the park that does not have a key card. This is for your and your pet’s safety. Encourage visitors to pick up a packet and register to become a member. Report fence jumpers to the park district.
13) Owners are legally responsible for their dogs and any injuries or damage caused by their dog.
14) A handler age 16 or older must be present at all times and is solely responsible for their own and the actions of their dog(s).
15) Users of the facility do so at their own risk. Lan-Oak Park District is not responsible for any injury or damage caused by any dog or person at Paws ‘n Play.
16) Failure to comply with the above rules may result in suspension or termination of your park membership without refund.
17) Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable. Providing your key card to a non-member will result in termination of your membership without refund.
18) Lan-Oak Park District reserves the right to suspend or revoke the park privileges to any member who fails to follow park rules and etiquette or where we have determined a member dog or dog owner is dangerous to others or is in violation of any applicable animal ordinances or regulation.